Saturday 27 October 2012

Sesame Crusted Chicken in Toasted Pitas

They say the Retail Therapy helps to elate your moods...especially for women...
For a long time , I believed in it too. A wee bit of shopping helped me to cheer up ,especially when I got depressed or frustrated with the hectic homemaker routine! But after what happened today , I shall say , there are exceptions in every belief...It all depends of situations and places!
It was my toddlers day off at school and since Diwali is fast approaching, I decided to start some shopping ,before the shops get overcrowded .... ! Since I wanted something exclusive for myself, I decided to avoid the mall and try out some designer boutiques in Nasik....

Normally , I was expected to return home,all excited and cheerfull with my purchases...but as they say , today was an exception.... I checked out most of the boutiques and patiently waited for the saleswomen to finally understand what I wanted, and eventually realising they really dont have it!!
Finally after hours of hunting for my Diwali outfit..I gave up...returned home , all frustrated with the place, the heat and grumpy....! Retail therapy had a reverse effect.....! And to add to my agony...my maid informed me her absence for the weekend!! My Doodhwalla forgot to drop milk packet ...and whatever that could go wrong went wrong...For a moment I doubted if today was friday the 13th..but it wasnt!

After retial therapy , its the Kitchen or cooking therapy that helps me. So decided to churn up something interesting for evening meal! I m in the kitchen and I have something exciting planned.. I m always happy! So yes....eventually it helped...These Pitas turned yumm...and I eventually indulged into them after a long tiring day!!
Take a bite of indulgence!!


Ingredients:

For the Pitas:
1 Cup Maidaor all purpose flour
1 tsp Namak Shamak or Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp oil
water as needed

For the chicken:
250 gms Boneless chicken Breasts,sliced thin
1 cup Corn Flakes crushed
2 tbsp Sesame seeds
1 tbsp Peanuts crushed
1 tbsp Cornflour
1 tsp Salt
Oil for frying

For chicken Marinade:
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1 tsp Namak Shamak/Salt
2 tsp Hot sauce or red chilly sauce
1 tsp Crushed black Pepper

For the dressing sauce:
1 tbsp Yogurt
2 tbsp Mayonaise
1 tsp Cream
1 tsp Mixed Herbs
1 tsp Sugar
a pinch salt

1 Cup Shredded Cabbage
1 medium Sliced onion
1-2 tsp red chilly powder



Marinate the chicken slices with the ingredients for the marinade and keep aside for 1 hour.

Mix together all the ingredients for dressing and keep aside.

Sieve the flour and salt and baking powder and knead a stiff dough using water. Cover and keep aside for 1/2 hour.
Pinch small portions and roll them into round phulkas about 6-8 inches .
Roast them on pan on both sides, but dont overcook them. Roast till they are just done.
Repeat the same till the dough is used up.


In a plate, mix together crushed cornflakes and peanuts and sesame seeds and salt. Add cornflour to it and mix.

Coat each chicken piece in the above mixture and deep fry in medium hot oil till crisp on both sides.
Drain on a kitchen towel.

Apply little oil over the pitas and toast them over grill or a grilling pan placing a heavy vessel over it for pressure.


Pitas toasting over grill pan







Here comes a cisp toasted one..yumm to eat as it is!



Fold the toasted pita and place some shredded cabbage and onion in it.Now place the fried chicken piece over it and add 2 tsp of the dressing.Place some more of cabbage and onion and again add dressing.Sprinkle some red chilly powder over it and serve immediately.
You might get a bit messy eating it...but its all worth it!!



This is our entry for the Mission Street Food contest hosted at
http://cookcookandcook.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/mission-street-food-event-announcement/


 This is our entry for the

My Food Treasures: Guest Host Event Announcement; SYF & HWS - Sesame Seeds

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a mouthwatering recipe Harshada :)

    Regards

    Jay
    http://road-to-sanitarium.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay ! I must say I loved your blog...Good inspiring reads!! Thanks!

      Delete
  2. The end product looks good. Must try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much! Indeed yumm..do try and let me know!
      happy blogging!

      Delete
  3. Yumm .. Thanks for sending for my event..
    Ongoing Event + Giveaway: Mission Street Food

    ReplyDelete

We apppreciate your comments,suggestions and tips, so please feel free to share your views