Tuesday 12 February 2013

Raspberry Cake with Fresh Cream and Mascapone Frosting


This one was my Anniversary Cake. I had warned my husband against buying a readymade cake , cause he always lands up buying the monotonous Black Forest , from the local cake shop. And, even though I love the cake, I wouldnt like having just the regular one , on a special occassion like this one!
Besides , occassions give me a reason to bake and for a self confessed bakeholic , thats a new challenge and a delight.
Planning for the cake was done well in advance. With my pantry stocked with the necessary ingredients..Here I was Apron Tied , and armed with all my baking tools.

I had ordered French Whipping cream pack from Foodesto.com , and raspberry preserve and Mascapone cheese too! Since Mascapone cheese is synonymous to Tiramisu , I wanted to break the myth , and this cake did exactly that.
The best part of the cake, was the frosting I must say! I had trouble Icing my cake , and  the icing did not hold as much as my professional whipping cream would. But I kept refrigerating my icing and cake , whilst frosting. And that worked well for me.
And beware, if you are planning on serving it for dessert, cause this one goes quiet heavy , I mean not the texture, but on your appetite. Its the rich full cream and cheese frosting that makes it quiet heavy.
So better serve smaller portions in the beginning!




Ingredients:
1 PlainVanilla Sponge Cake ( Or make your own ,using the recipes below)
Sponge Cake (with eggs)
Eggless Sponge Cake

1 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream ( I used the tetrapack from Elle and Wire)
3/4 Cup Icing Sugar
3 tbsp Mascapone Cheese
1/2 Cup Raspberry Preserve or Canned Raspberry Topping
1/2 Cup Warm water with 3 tsp Sugar
2 tbsp Readymade glaze , or use Corn syrup from the Canned topping ( Mother Maid Raspberry Topping or Filling)


In a bowl mix the heavy whipping cream and sugar and beat using electric beater till fluffy.
Now add the mascaspone and whip until soft peaks form.
Refeigerate until further use.

Trim the sponge cake , till even .

Cut horizontally into two equal slices.
Drizzle warm sugar syrup over the base slice to moisten it.
Now apply raspberry preserve  or the raspberry topping generously over the cake.

Spread some of the whipped cream mixture evenly over the cake.
Now , place the remaining slice over this.
Drizzle sugar syrup and apply preserve over it.


Now ice or frost the cake generously on all sides , till its evenly covered.
Refrigerate for 10 mins to let the frosting hold.
Heat the readymade glaze , till just runny.
Mix some of the preserve into it and whisk till smooth.
Fill it in a piping bag and decorate the cake.Or fill the canned topping in the piping bag to decorate.
Similarly, pipe the remaining whipped cream mix into a piping bag with star nozzle and pipe on top of the cake.

Refrigerate for atleast 15 - 20 mins.








The cake was finally cut by my toddler , hence lil messed up icing thats been licked!








No comments:

Post a Comment

We apppreciate your comments,suggestions and tips, so please feel free to share your views